Thirty organisations that offer help and support to residents and communities across Ealing have been given a share of £2.4m of funding from NHS North West London Integrated Care Board and Ealing Council.
In January 2023, organisations were invited to apply for funding which to support their work over four years for 2023-2027. Priority for funding was given to areas including domestic violence support, mental health services, respite care and building better community connections.
From those who applied, 17 awards were made with 30 organisations getting funding.
Councillor Polly Knewstub, cabinet member for thriving communities, said: “The voluntary and community sector plays an essential role in supporting residents and creating opportunity across the borough. These groups materially improve and enrich the lives of many in Ealing. We could not be more proud to support and partner with them in the coming years.”
Neha Unadkat, borough director, Ealing, NHS North West London said: “We are delighted that through these essential grants we have continued to secure the partnership of the voluntary and community sector in improving the health and care outcomes for our communities and some of our most vulnerable in society.”
The full list of award recipients:
• Befriend – community activities in Central Ealing
• Ealing & Hounslow CVS – community activities in Action
• Southall Community Alliance – community activities in Southall
• Golden Opportunity Skills & Development – community activities in Greenford, Northolt and Perivale
Information and advice
• Ealing Mencap – specialist, generalist and children’s specific information and advice
Mental health services
• Ealing Abbey Counselling Service – talking treatments for people with common mental health needs
• Community Activities Project Ealing – talking treatments for people with more complex needs who do not need or meet criteria for ‘secondary’ mental health services
• EACH Counselling – community support to stay well for the whole Ealing population.
• Community Activities Project Ealing Community – support for people with serious and long-term mental health needs
• Hillingdon Autism Care & Support – community opportunities for adults with autism
Short breaks/respite care
• Brentford FC in the Community – young carers programme
• Brentford FC in the Community – short breaks for children and young people with disabilities programme
Domestic violence services
• Advance Advocacy and Non-Violence – Generalist advocacy service
• Southall Black Sisters – specialist BME advocacy service
• Lasting Support Services – children and families’ therapeutic support
• Ealing & Hounslow CVS – VCS capacity building, development and representation
• Ealing & Hounslow CVS – support for volunteering and social action