follow us: @_EalingNews
call us: 07488 352 974
email us: news@ealing.news

Firefighters issue candle warning following blaze in Southall

Firefighters have issued a warning to residents after a blaze which damaged the ground floor of a terraced house on Sussex Road in Southall was caused by a candle.

Six fire engines and 40 firefighters from the London Fire Brigade was called on Wednesday (17 January 2024) at 3:15pm to a terraced house that was on fire.  There were no reports of any injuries and one woman left the home before the Brigade arrived.

The fire, which saw crews from Southall, Hayes, Ealing and Heston fire stations, is believed to have been accidental and caused by a candle placed near to combustible materials.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Candles are one of the most common causes of fire. It’s really important that you never leave a candle unattended and keep them away from anything else that can easily catch alight. Firefighters recommend Londoners have a look at our online Home Fire Safety Checker to make sure there are no hidden hazards in your home.”

The spokesperson added: “The online tool will ask you a series of questions that will help us work out the level of risk in your home, or the home of someone you care for. It only takes a few minutes to get tailored advice to keep yourself and loved ones safe from fire.”

 

Are you an Ealing resident with a story to share? Or spotted something we should know about?
Get in touch with us by emailing: news@ealing.news or tweet us on Twitter @_EalingNews

SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE TO THE EALING.NEWS NEWSLETTER

GET OUR GREAT NEWS, FEATURES, REVIEWS AND MORE DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX

SUPPORT JOURNALISM IN EALING

LATEST EALING.NEWS UPDATES

MORE FROM EALING.NEWS