follow us: @_EalingNews
call us: 07488 352 974
email us: news@ealing.news

Firefighters tackle carbon monoxide leak in Acton’s Bromyard Avenue and issue warning of its danger

Firefighters from the London Fire Brigade have warned of the dangers of carbon monoxide following a suspected leak at a house on Bromyard Avenue in Acton.

Two adults and a child were taken to hospital yesterday (13 November 2023) after suffering from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Brigade was called at 5:27pm and the incident was over by 8:02pm. Two fire engines from Acton and Chiswick fire stations and two fire rescue units from Wembley and Euston fire stations attended the scene.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “You can’t taste, see or smell CO fumes, but it can kill in minutes. It’s really important to fit a CO alarm in all rooms containing fuel burning appliances, ensuring that the alarm is able to be heard throughout the property. When sleeping, it’s important that your alarm can wake you if it sounds.”

They added: “It’s also a good idea to familiarise yourself with the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning and learn what to do if you suspect someone may be affected.”

London Fire Brigade is telling residents to watch out for carbon monoxide symptoms which apply to both humans and pets. These include:

  • Headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Breathlessness
  • Collapse
  • Loss of consciousness

Are you an Ealing resident with a story to share? Or spotted something we should know about?
Get in touch with us by emailing: news@ealing.news or contact us on X @_EalingNews

SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE TO THE EALING.NEWS NEWSLETTER

GET OUR GREAT NEWS, FEATURES, REVIEWS AND MORE DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX

SUPPORT JOURNALISM IN EALING

LATEST EALING.NEWS UPDATES

MORE FROM EALING.NEWS