follow us: @_EalingNews
call us: 07488 352 974
email us: news@ealing.news

Firefighters rescue family from house fire in Ealing

Three fire engines and 15 firelighters from Ealing, Park Royal and Wembley fire stations have rescued two adults and two children from a house fire which happened around 9.30pm last night in The Croft in Ealing.

Part of the ground floor of a three-storey town house was damaged by fire. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used fire escape hoods to rescue a man, a woman, a child and a baby from a second-floor bathroom. They were treated on scene by London Ambulance Service crews.

The fire was under control by 10.17pm.

Fire escape hoods provide members of the public with up to 15 minutes protection from four of the main fire gases (carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, hydrogen chloride and acrolein) and can be worn by conscious or unconscious people. According to the London Fire Brigade, if more than 15 minutes protection is required then another hood can be given to each wearer. They do not provide oxygen but temporarily filter toxic smoke to make breathing easier.

The fire is believed to have been accidental and involved a consumer unit.

Are you an Ealing resident with a story to share? Or spotted something we should know about?
Get in touch with us by emailing: news@ealing.news or tweet us on Twitter @_EalingNews

SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE TO THE EALING.NEWS NEWSLETTER

GET OUR GREAT NEWS, FEATURES, REVIEWS AND MORE DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX

SUPPORT JOURNALISM IN EALING

LATEST EALING.NEWS UPDATES

MORE FROM EALING.NEWS