follow us: @_EalingNews
call us: 07488 352 974
email us: news@ealing.news

London Fire Brigade issue candle warning after East Acton flat damaged by fire

Firefighters have issued a warning to Ealing residents after a flat was damaged by fire believed to have been caused by a candle.

On Tuesday (29 August 2023), five fire engines and around 30 firefighters were called at 1:43pm to a fire on the ground floor of a six-storey block of flats by the A40 Western Avenue in East Acton.

Part of a ground floor flat at a six-storey block of flats was damaged by fire which was accidental and caused by a candle. There were no reports of any injuries.

The fire brought under control by 2:36pm. Crews from Acton, North Kensington and surrounding fire stations attended the incident.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Candles are one of the most common causes of fire. It’s really important that you never leave a candle unattended and keep them away from anything else that can easily catch fire.”

London Fire Brigade candle safety tips

  • Keep candles/tea lights away from curtains, furniture and anything else that can catch fire. Keep loose clothing and hair away from candles/tea lights when they are lit.
  • Always place your candles/tea lights in a suitable fire resistant candleholder
  • Make sure the candleholder holds the candle/tea light firmly and is on a flat and stable surface to stop it falling over.

Are you an Ealing resident with a story to share? Or spotted something we should know about?
Get in touch with us by emailing: news@ealing.news or tweet us on Twitter @_EalingNews

SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE TO THE EALING.NEWS NEWSLETTER

GET OUR GREAT NEWS, FEATURES, REVIEWS AND MORE DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX

SUPPORT JOURNALISM IN EALING

LATEST EALING.NEWS UPDATES

MORE FROM EALING.NEWS