follow us: @_EalingNews
call us: 07488 352 974
email us: news@ealing.news

Working smoke alarm warning issued by firefighters after Southall fire

The London Fire Brigade has issued a warning to residents to ensure they have working smoke alarms after a fire in a house on Manston Avenue on Sunday (21 April 2024) saw part of its roof and a small part of the first floor destroyed by fire.

Six fire engines along with 40 firefighters were called at 5:38am and the fire was over by 7:37am.  Crews from Southall, Heston, Hayes and Feltham fire stations attended.

One man was treated on scene by the London Ambulance Service and taken to hospital. The cause of the fire was accidental and due to resistive heating in a bathroom extractor fan.

According to the Brigade, there was no working smoke alarms in the property.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “This incident shows just how important it is to have working smoke alarms fitted on every level of your home.

“Smoke alarms give the earliest possible warning when a fire starts and we would urge everyone to make sure they have one fitted in every room where a fire can start except kitchens or bathrooms where heat alarms are more appropriate.”

Are you an Ealing resident with a story to share? Or spotted something we should know about?
Get in touch with us by emailing: news@ealing.news or tweet us on Twitter @_EalingNews

SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE TO THE EALING.NEWS NEWSLETTER

GET OUR GREAT NEWS, FEATURES, REVIEWS AND MORE DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX

SUPPORT JOURNALISM IN EALING

LATEST EALING.NEWS UPDATES

MORE FROM EALING.NEWS