Nominations are now open for Ealing’s annual awards which recognise the borough’s sporting people and achievements.
Ealing Sports Awards 2024, run by Ealing Council and its leisure facilities provider partner Everyone Active, will celebrate the sporting accomplishments of both individuals as well as clubs from 1 May 2023 and 30 April 2024 and cover nine categories. Nominations close on midday on 1 May 2024.
- Junior club of the year
- Sports club of the year
- Coach of the year
- Adult volunteer of the year
- Junior volunteer of the year
- Outstanding contribution to sport
- Inclusive and active award
- Junior sports person of the year
- Adult sports person of the year
Speaking to EALING.NEWS, Phil Edwards, contract manager at Everyone Active said: “We’re thrilled to partner with Ealing Council again this year for the Ealing Sports Awards. Every win, big or small, adds to the lively spirit of sports in our borough. I encourage you to nominate your sports heroes and be a part of recognising and highlighting their inspiring stories.”
Councillor Polly Knewstub, Ealing Council cabinet member for thriving communities said: “We are proud to have a borough with a flourishing sports scene and a great number of clubs and volunteers that bring people together through sports week after week in all weathers and inspire people of all ages and abilities to take part in sports.”
Councillor Knewstub added: “This is your chance to help give them the rightful recognition. So, if you know a person, or organisation that you think deserves to be celebrated, nominate them for the Ealing Sports Awards today.”
To nominate someone or a club, click here.
The 2023 winners were
- Inclusive & Active: Willow Tree School Sports Partnership
- Adult Sports Person: Damar Thomas – Boxing
- Adult Volunteer: Penny Lewis – Cricket and Hockey
- Junior Volunteer: Ellie Mistry – Hockey
- Junior Sports Person: Nathan Martin Barrett- Boxing
- Sports Club of the Year: Ealing Hockey Club
- Junior Club of the Year: Actonians Cricket Club
- Outstanding Contribution to Sport: Clifford Pile – Actonians Cricket Club