follow us: @_EalingNews
call us: 07488 352 974
email us: news@ealing.news

Fire service rescue man in West Ealing after flat goes on fire

An accidental fire that is believed to have involved lithium-ion batteries has seen the London Fire Brigade called out on Monday to rescue a man in West Ealing.

Three fire engines and 15 firefighters from Ealing and Southall were called out at 4.45pm to the premises located above Haweli restaurant on Uxbridge Road in West Ealing. The fire was until control by 5.52pm.

The man was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service crews.

Most of the three room flat was damaged by the fire.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Lithium-ion batteries are susceptible to failure if incorrect chargers are used, so it’s important to always use the correct charger for the product and buy an official one from a reputable seller. Batteries can also pose a risk if they have been damaged, so try to ensure they are not getting knocked around while in use as this can increase the chance of damage to cells. You should also not expose them to extremes of temperature.”

They added: “You should always make sure you unplug your charger once it’s finished charging. Always follow manufacturers’ instructions when charging and we would advise not to leave it unattended or while people are asleep.”

Are you an Ealing resident with a story to share? Or spotted something we should know about?
Get in touch with us by emailing: news@ealing.news or tweet us on Twitter @_EalingNews

SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE TO THE EALING.NEWS NEWSLETTER

GET OUR GREAT NEWS, FEATURES, REVIEWS AND MORE DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX

SUPPORT JOURNALISM IN EALING

LATEST EALING.NEWS UPDATES

MORE FROM EALING.NEWS